tncrumpets
Sup ppl.

You can only join this forum if you have been invited and if you are a close friend of mine. This is my forum for me and my close friends to hang out and chill in the relaxation of a non-restricted environment which is free of obnoxious people :]

Members have access to all of the subforums. No nerds, trolls, noobs, under 12s, haters, stalkers, people who are easily offended, or people with no social lives allowed.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

tncrumpets
Sup ppl.

You can only join this forum if you have been invited and if you are a close friend of mine. This is my forum for me and my close friends to hang out and chill in the relaxation of a non-restricted environment which is free of obnoxious people :]

Members have access to all of the subforums. No nerds, trolls, noobs, under 12s, haters, stalkers, people who are easily offended, or people with no social lives allowed.
tncrumpets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backseat Moderating

4 posters

Go down

Backseat Moderating Empty Backseat Moderating

Post by Mummy Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:43 am

From now on, you can't point out when someone has broken the rules (e.g. OMG you double posted that's against the rules), or accuse somebody of breaking the rules (e.g. ___ broke the rules on one of their posts so ban them!). If you feel a post breaks the rules, press the shiny triangle (Backseat Moderating Icon_post_report) at the corner of the rule-breaking post, and I'll deal with it if appropriate. DON'T PUBLICLY ANNOUNCE IT WHEN YOU FIND A RULE-BREAKING POST - it makes you look like a douchebag snitch nerd, and will probably cause an argument.

If you want to be a mod so bad, telling people to follow the rules and accusing people of being rule-breakers won't help at all. In fact, it will lower your chances. But considering that I'm not hiring any mods, you won't become a mod anyway.

May I also point out that scanning through someone's old posts just to look for rule-breaking posts isn't helpful at all. It's called 'stalking'.
Mummy
Mummy
The Forum's Arrogant Prat
The Forum's Arrogant Prat

http://www.tncrumpets.com

Back to top Go down

Backseat Moderating Empty Re: Backseat Moderating

Post by SuperSeth 5000 Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:47 am

Mummy wrote:From now on, you can't point out when someone has broken the rules (e.g. OMG you double posted that's against the rules), or accuse somebody of breaking the rules (e.g. ___ broke the rules on one of their posts so ban them!). If you feel a post breaks the rules, press the shiny triangle (Backseat Moderating Icon_post_report) at the corner of the rule-breaking post, and I'll deal with it if appropriate. DON'T PUBLICLY ANNOUNCE IT WHEN YOU FIND A RULE-BREAKING POST - it makes you look like a douchebag snitch nerd, and will probably cause an argument.

If you want to be a mod so bad, telling people to follow the rules and accusing people of being rule-breakers won't help at all. In fact, it will lower your chances. But considering that I'm not hiring any mods, you won't become a mod anyway.

May I also point out that scanning through someone's old posts just to look for rule-breaking posts isn't helpful at all. It's called 'stalking'.

k

See, I can do it to Backseat Moderating 211165
I really think these new rules are gonna improve this site! Backseat Moderating 131722
SuperSeth 5000
SuperSeth 5000

Location : Good ol' Pennsylvania; home of the shittiest roads in America

Back to top Go down

Post by Platypus of Pwnage Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:53 pm

SillyRollieMcmuffin wrote:k

See, I can do it to Backseat Moderating 211165

k

yea, hopefully, there'll be less drama now.
Platypus of Pwnage
Platypus of Pwnage
A Motherfucking Contest Winner
A Motherfucking Contest Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:19 am

This thread is amazing :O
Nameless
Nameless
The LI Hippo
The LI Hippo